Install the BigDecimalField JavaBean
- Download the getObjects.BigDecimalField Java Bean. The file
is named bigdecimalnnn.zip, where nnn is the
version number. For example the file for version 1.1.2 will be named bigdecimal112.zip. You can
download the file into any directory with sufficient space. The compressed zip file
is about 70 kb in size. The decompressed file will occupy about 170 kb.
- Unzip the file. Currently, the distribution is only available in compressed ZIP format.
You must have an unzip utility to decompress it. The
unzip utility will create a directory
named bigdecimal/ and extract these files and subdirectories into it:
- The BigDecimalField Bean. This file may be moved to the Bean Development Kit's /jars
subdirectory or imported into visual IDE's such as JBuilder or VisualAge for Java.
- Please read the terms and conditions.
- /demo subdirectory
- Contains a small applet that demonstrates the Bean's features.
- /doc subdirectory
- Contains documentation in JavaDoc format that you can read with a Web browser. Begin
with index.html. Documents both public and private
classes, interfaces, events, methods, and resources that define the bean.
- /source subdirectory
- Contains the source code for all public and private classes for reference.
- A text version of this page.
- Import the Jar Into Visual Development Tools
Simply copy bigdecimal.jar
into the jars/ subdirectory of the BDK. The Bean will appear on the ToolBox panel of
BeanBox the next time you start it.
VisualAge For Java
From the Workbench window:
- select File-->Import
- from the first SmartGuide dialog, select Jar File and click Next
- from the second dialog, enter relative-path/bigdecimal/bigdecimal.jar as the file name, check class
and resource, enter the name of the project into which you want to
import the bean. Click Finish
- Check BigDecimalField under available beans, select Other under Palette,
Click Add to Category and OK.
From the main window:
- select Tools-->Configure palette
- from the Palette Properties dialog, select the Add From Archive tab
- enter relative-path/bigdecimal/bigdecimal.jar into the field labeled Select a jar or zip file.
- In the JavaBeans Found in Archive textarea, select com.getobjects.bigdecimal.BigDecimalField
- select Other from the Add Component to Page dropdown
- click Install and OK
- Update the CLASSPATH (optional). If you only use the BigDecimalField Bean in the BeanBox and other
IDE's, you do not need to set the CLASSPATH. However, you may want to include bigdecimal/bigdecimal.jar
in your CLASSPATH if you intend to use javac and other SDK tools from the command line.
For a discussion on when to use CLASSPATH and how to set it, see the instructions on Sun's
site for Unix
(Solaris) or Windows.